Thursday, November 1, 2007

My Thoughts About 23 Things

"23 Things" has been an incredible journey. Sometimes the road was smooth and other times not so. I consider myself lucky to have had the opportunity to learn the new tools and technology available to us. After all, if there exists tools to make our lives easier, why not learn about them and use them. We will have more time for other things in life, plus we can offer others that gift as well by sharing different tools that work.

I have always, in the past, learned well by self-tutorials and, for the most part, that is still true.
However, there were certainly times during this process where I would have loved to work with a partner - one that was very experienced in some of this technology.

Here are a few of my favorite things:

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things

OK, besides those. My "23 Things" favorites are:

RSS Feeds
Wikis
Google Docs
Web 2.0 Awards List sites

It feels great to complete the "23 Things", yet I understand that I have so much more to learn. I wish that I could say I was extremely proficient with all the things, yet that would be foolish. What I can say is that I now have an understanding of what these tools are and a desire to continue learning about what they can do for us.



No comments: